More recently, Citizen has staked out a new position as the leader in Ecologically Friendly timekeeping with its Eco-Drives watches that are light powered. With models ranging from dress models to sports models to professional dive watches, Citizen Eco-Drive runs continuously in any kind of natural or artificial light for a lifetime of use. Fueled by light, it never needs a battery.
Citizen created the world's first light-powered analogue quartz watch in 1976. it converts any kind of light into energy to power a watch and stores the surplus on a power cell. On a full charge, an Eco-Drive watch runs for months even in darkness with no need for regular battery replacement.
- No need for regular battery replacement
- Eco-Drive is a light-powered technology that drives watches by capturing light and converting it into energy using an inbuilt solar cell.
- Suddenly the hassle of replacing batteries was a thing of past.
Run even in dim light
- Eco-Drive is designed to charge from ordinary everyday light sources like indoor fluorescent lighting and desk lights.
- You can go about your everyday life confident that your watch will never stop.
Runs for over six months even in darkness
- Do you need light to generate power for your watch all the time.
- Not with Eco-Drive. A single full charge is enough to keep Eco-Drive working for over six months in total darkness.
- Indeed, some models equipped with power save function can run for as long as seven years.
- Caliber No
- Case Material
Stainless Steel with Black Ion Plating
- Band/ Strap Type
Stainless Steel Band
Within ± 15 seconds per months on average
- Running Time after Full Charge (Eco Days)
Approx. 9 months
- Water Resistance
- Buckle Type
Fold Over Clasp with Push Button
- Dial Color
3 years warranty
Size of case / Total weight
- Weight 78 g
- Thickness 7 mm
Case Size 29.5 mm
What's included in the set:
Citizen watch, User's Manual, Gift Box, Warranty
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.